Friday, September 18, 2015

Modern Twist on the traditional Charm Bracelet.


So. I have been thinking a lot about charm bracelets and how they continue to be popular year after year with so many people. I started thinking that I could do something a little bit different than the standard. So here is what I cam up with.


Now, first of all it's a cuff-yes a cuff. Specifically a wired cuff. This happens to be one I found on eBay. I scuffed it up a bit to make it less shine and worked on the patina to give it a bit more purples and browns. Then I started adding. I have been making these wire wrapped "talking pendants" for a while now, so I decided to make one as a circle rather than a pendant. I confess I have a bit of an obsession with circles which I will pursue on another occasion. 
Then I started adding the seed beads around the circle. lots of tiny colorful little vintage Czech glass beads! Time to decide on some sari silk to add a bit of extra to the cuff. So I wire on the circle and then really start to add on the extras. Put it on-take it off. It does take some time to get it right-it is not at all a haphazard affair! Plus I wanted to make sure that whether you wear this one right-side-up or upside-down, that nothing would get in the way. Last is to line them with ultra suede so they are nice and comfy on your arm.
I Love them and I will continue to make many more!
My biggest problem is listing them as I always want to keep them once they are finished!

Here are a few more.





No comments:

Post a Comment