Monday, September 21, 2015

 Learning about The Middle Path and Mala Bracelets


Recently I created a necklace for someone who asked for The Path of Eight-or The Middle Way in my wire wrap style. I had to admit I was unfamiliar with that so I started doing some research. What I found fits in so well with my own philosophy of life I decided to expand my offerings to now include both of these styles of jewelry in my etsy shop. Living a mindful life is important to me. I believe we all make a difference on this planet with our actions which is why I have always been one to recycle and repurpose. 

 I understand that a lot of folks out there make Mala bracelets and necklaces but I think my own spin on this can be seen of course in my use of color, as well as my use of repurposed beads. I have a large quantity of Vintage Czech Glass beads that I found had been in storage for over 30 years-Never Worn, Never Used! These are really the basis of a lot of what I do because they are not only repurposed, they are absolutely gorgeous! Made using techniques and colors no longer used, they are considered by many to be the best in the world for quality and color. The lustrous colors get to me every time!

So here are the beginnings of my "enlightened path"


Path of Eight Pendant


Vintage Czech beads and a silver guru bead from Nepal.
















Gorgeous Aurora Borealis Blue Glass vintage beads plus a fire polished glass crystal guru bead.

No comments:

Post a Comment